A puzzle that brings results at TREFL SA Group
A detailed analysis of the initial situation before the project starts allows, above all, one important thing – the confrontation of the client’s expectations and his ideas for their implementation with what he really needs. In eq system we always start with the preparation of a precise concept for improvements and indicating the areas where a change will affect the functioning of the entire company. The system is to perfectly reflect the company’s organizational structure. It has to match the work style of individual people. It has to be intuitive enough so that every employee can easily work with it.
What prompted you to look for APS and MES class solutions?
Jan Iwanowicz, Production Director (TREFL SA): We decided to look for a new solution mainly because of the changing market, which is becoming more and more competitive and demanding. Nowadays, production management is an extremely complex process that is more and more often based on new technologies and thus on automation. The position of a leader in the toy industry imposes specific requirements on us, and the constantly increasing number of production orders and shorter deadlines have led us to make a decision about the need to improve production management processes. Shortening the lead times and conversion times, increasing the efficiency of the utilization of machines, monitoring production orders on a regular basis and making the right decisions in real time have become a priority and a necessity for us.
What made you choose Asprova APS and Opera MES systems?
JI: For several years we have been looking for solutions that would be suitable for us. We expected a system that would comprehensively respond to our needs, automate the required areas and streamline specific processes. We wanted products that could be easily integrated into the already implemented IT systems. Eq system solutions – Asprova APS and Opera MES are ready systems for implementation in our company. An additional advantage, resulting from the cooperation, was the support of the specialists of eq system in the integration of Asprova APS with the systems we currently use in the area of production.
How do you assess your cooperation with eq system?
JI: The cooperation so far has been in a partnership atmosphere. We are satisfied with it and hope that it remains this way until the end of the project. The most important thing is that we are supported in the implementation and we hope that after going through the introduction of Asprova APS and the MES Opera together, we will continue to cooperate in improving the functioning of the systems. The argument that supports the Asprova APS and Opera MES systems is their universal character, which can be modified by any user after implementation. We count on the constant support and involvement of consultants, which will allow the implementation process to proceed in accordance with the schedule and be successful.
- Detailed planning of events in the production units, taking into account the optimization criteria.
- Improving the reliability of data recorded as part of the production processes.
- Minimizing the level of inventory, while ensuring a high degree of availability of finished goods.
- Improving the timeliness of orders.
- Optimization of resource utilization thanks to the analysis of the load level of production resources (machinery, people).
- Creating simulation analyzes of the production plan supporting the short- and long-term decision making process.
- Obtaining full transparency and control over concluded orders.
- Registration of the availability of employees on the positions, causes of machine downtime, actual consumption of raw materials / semi-finished products, and product traceability.
- Registration of the quantity of good / defective items, specifying the cause of a defect and the introduction of the possibility to generate reports / statements with the quantity of registered waste of semi-finished / finished products.
We have no doubts that the project based on close cooperation will bring all of the assumed benefits and we will soon be able to give information about its effects.